Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Some American classic phones for those vintage lovers

1950 Old Fashioned Silver Telephone
 For a while now I've always been fond of vintage style phones. There was just something about them that stood out and looked cool compared to the modern phones today. Nothing says awesome like a baby blue antique telephone from the 50s, even though it doesn't really match with the rest of the home decor in my room (I should have thought it through, I know, but it's still awesome). If there was one thing I didn't like about the retro phone though, it would have to be the wheel dial thing. It would just take so long to dial a number that by the time I was finished, I'd forgotten what I needed to say to the person I'm calling. 

1959 Princess Blue Antique Telephone
Now a days though, there are reproduction vintage phones that keep everything you love about them, minus the outdated tech. For example, the baby blue phone I mentioned earlier, it's got push button dials with volume control for the receiver and ringer. How awesome is that? So for those who love all things retro like me, World to Home.com has got a great selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment